Japanese ‘not so secret’ spinach pancakes
These breakfast pancakes are a brilliant way to get some greens into the kids – the spinach turns the pancakes green
8 tbsp plain flour (or you can use gluten free flour)
1 tray baby spinach leaves
Butter or coconut oil for frying
Lemon wedges to serve
Salt and pepper
1. In a blender, add the eggs, flour, cut spinach leaves and the milk.
2. Blend until you get a smooth (green!), runny batter and add a little more milk if needed, especially if you've used gluten free flour. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Put a knob of butter or coconut oil in a non-stick frying pan on a medium to high heat.
4. Add ½ mug of the pancake mixture and cook the pancake until pale golden brown on both sides.
5. Set aside each pancake in a warm place while you cook the rest.
6. Enjoy with or without smoked salmon and lemon wedges with freshly ground black pepper. They also keep well in the fridge to reheat for a lunch with salad.