with Baby Leaf Lettuce & Mint Yoghurt Dip
Serving aromatic lamb koftas on flat breads with baby leaf lettuce and crunchy red onion and pomegranate seeds drizzled with mint yoghurt dip creates a recipe for success every time.
For the koftas:
500g lamb mince
1 onion (grated)
Chilli flakes, to taste
2 cloves garlic (crushed)
3 tbs flat leaf parsley
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp cumin
Juice of a lemon
One red onion, finely sliced
1 large pomegranate, seeds only
1 pack of baby leaf lettuce, freshly cut at home
1 cucumber: cut lengthways, using a vegetable peeler, into long ribbons
For the Dip:
200g Greek yoghurt
Small bunch of fresh mint leaves, chopped
1 small clove garlic, ground in a mortar
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Place a small frying pan over a medium heat and add a dash of oil. When hot, saute the onion and garlic until tender. Add the chilli flakes and cook, stirring, for about 2 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly.
2. In a bowl, add the onion mixture to the lamb, add the parsley, oregano, cumin and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper, and knead thoroughly until ingredients are well mixed.
3. Mould into sausage shapes and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
4. Thread onto skewers then cook on a preheated griddle pan for 10 - 15 minutes, turning until coloured on all sides and cooked through.
5. Serve the Koftas with fresh cut lettuce leaves, red onion, pomegranate and cucumber salads, on flat breads, splashed with yoghurt and mint dressing.